GridHoster.com Terms of Service
GridHoster.com provides hosting and cloud services to clients worldwide, and we have a responsibility to protect each client and to provide the best services available. All clients of GridHoster.com are subject to the following terms of service
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE
1. As a precondition and requirement to use the services available via GridHoster.com, you, for yourself and for the company or other person(s), if any, you represent ("Subscriber" or "Subscribers", as applicable), hereby accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms of Service ("Terms"). These Terms are effective immediately between the Subscriber and GridHoster.com, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("GridHoster"). Each Subscriber is subject to these Terms, and by using GridHoster's services, network and/or systems (collectively the "Services"), Subscriber agrees to be legally bound by and subject to all terms and conditions contained in these Terms, including as well all usage policies and other policies herein. To the extent not inconsistent therewith, these Terms are also incorporated into the individual service agreement, if any, of each Subscriber.
2. Subscriber represents and warrants that, if an individual, Subscriber is at least 18 years old and otherwise legally competent in all respects to, or, if an entity, Subscriber is a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or other legal entity duly formed and in good standing, as applicable, and possesses all legal authority and power to accept and be bound by these Terms. Additionally, Subscriber represents and warrants that neither it, she, or he (as applicable), nor any entity it, she or he represents, is prohibited under any part of section 13 of these Terms from registering or signing up with or otherwise subscribing to or receiving any of the Services from GridHoster. Further, Subscriber represents and warrants all information provided by Subscriber to GridHoster has been and is complete, accurate, and current, and that Subscriber shall continue to provide complete, accurate and current information to GridHoster in connection with all registration or renewal processes and further agrees to update all such information as necessary to maintain complete, accurate and current information. Although subscribers of paid services offered through GridHoster must be at least 18 years of age and otherwise legally competent to accept and be legally bound by these Term, a parent or legal guardian of a minor may obtain an account on the minor's behalf, and by doing so, consents to such minor's use of the Services. Subscribing parents and legal guardians each for herself or himself, as applicable, accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms, and assume full responsibility and liability associated with any failure of compliance with the Terms in connection with said minor's use of any of the Services.
3. GridHoster intends to provide the best possible web hosting service to each of its Subscribers. GridHoster is also dedicated to staying abreast of new and available technologies that will better serve our Subscribers. However, due to changing technologies, changing laws and the individual and collective needs of our Subscribers, GridHoster reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove all or any part of these Terms at any time with or without notice.
4. Subscribers may view the most current version of these Terms at http://www.gridhoster.com/terms-of-service.php. Any use of the Services by Subscriber, after changes, modifications, additions or deletions to these Terms are posted on the GridHoster.com website, shall constitute Subscriber's acceptance of all such changes, additions, modifications or deletions. If a Subscriber does not agree to any such alterations to these Terms, the Subscriber's sole and exclusive remedy is to cancel the Subscriber's account as set forth in Paragraph 3 below.
5. Notwithstanding GridHoster's right to alter these Terms without prior notice, GridHoster may, within its sole discretion and as a courtesy to all affected Subscribers, make an effort to provide Subscribers with 7 days advanced notice of any alteration of these Terms if it appears to GridHoster, in its sole discretion, that said alteration may materially and adversely impact said Subscriber's use of the Services.
6. If Subscriber is registering a new domain name with GridHoster, or using or transferring a previously registered domain name in conjunction with Subscriber's use of the Services, Subscriber hereby acknowledges and agrees that Subscriber's use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") and the Domain Registration and has read the Registrant Rights and Responsibilities located at http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/registrant-rights-responsibilities-en.htm.
- TERM - PAYMENT - RENEWAL OF ACCOUNT AND OF DOMAIN
1. Term of Service. The term of Subscriber's subscription to the Services commences upon Subscriber's acceptance of these Terms and terminates as set forth in Paragraphs 2.05 and 3.01.
2. Payment. Subscriber agrees to pay all applicable fees for Services in effect at the time of sign-up registration and/or renewal, subject to these Terms. Subscriber agrees to update and keep current all of Subscriber's billing information, email and all other contact information. It is the Subscriber's responsibility to verify that the information submitted is accurate to insure proper billing and continuity of services. GridHoster may use Merchant Updater Services to receive updated billing information from participating providers.
3. Automatic Renewal of Hosting Account. As a courtesy and not as an obligation (contractual or otherwise), fifteen (15) days prior to the expiration of Subscriber's Hosting Account or Domain(s) GridHoster will automatically renew Subscriber's Hosting Account by charging the applicable fee for the non-promotional rate to Subscriber's current method of payment on file. The initial term of this Agreement shall be as set forth in the Registration Form (the "Initial Term"). The Initial Term shall begin upon commencement of the Services to User, and after the Initial Term, this Agreement shall continue for successive periods (or renewal period) of equal length as the Initial Term or such other Term and price that shall be set forth in a notice to the customer at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of such successive period or renewal period. In the case of insufficient funds we will attempt to collect at a partial term quantity ( not changing your current term) to continue service as per contract. Additionally after the initial Term, you acknowledge, agree and authorize us to automatically bill and/or charge on your credit card for successive or renewal periods, unless terminated or cancelled by either party as provided in this section. The Initial Term and all successive renewal periods shall be referred to, collectively, as the "Term". Subscriber acknowledges and confirms that if the Subscriber pays for a hosting plan which qualifies for a Free Domain that the Subscriber will be provided with a digital domain registration voucher to be used for purchasing their Free Domain. The domain registration voucher is only applicable as long as the Subscriber maintains a qualifying hosting plan.
4. Automatic Renewal of Domain(s). As a courtesy and not as an obligation (contractual or otherwise), fifteen (15) days prior to the expiration of Subscriber's domain, if registered with GridHoster (or one of its Affiliates), or if transferred to and registered with GridHoster (or one of its Affiliates), GridHoster will automatically renew Subscriber's domain, by charging the applicable fee to Subscriber's current method of payment on file. Subscriber acknowledges and confirms that the obligation to renew his/her/its Domain(s) is solely and exclusively the responsibility of the Subscriber, and is not the obligation (contractual or otherwise) of GridHoster. Subscriber hereby releases GridHoster from any and all liability for failure for any reason to renew said Account or said Domain(s). Subscriber acknowledges that there may be many reasons why GridHoster is unable to renew said Account or Domain, including but not limited to inability of GridHoster, for any reason, to bill said renewal to Subscriber's method of payment on file, to contact or otherwise get response from Subscriber at the email address on file, or otherwise. Subscriber acknowledges that said Hosting Account and/or Domain, if not renewed, for whatever reason, will expire on the Account or Domain Expiration Date, as applicable. In the event that a Domain expires, GridHoster will hold the expired Domain for up to 30 days as a courtesy and not as an obligation (contractual or otherwise). 30 days after expiration, the Domain will be placed in Redemption. During the Redemption period the Domain will be inaccessible and unable to be registered elsewhere. In order to bring a Domain out of Redemption, Subscriber must pay a Redemption Fee, as well as a Renewal Fee for the current year. Domain registration vouchers cannot be applied toward the cost of Redemption. If the Domain is not redeemed within 74 days of expiration, it will be set to Pending Delete status by the domain registry. After the Pending Delete status expires, the Domain will be released for registration. During the Pending Delete period, the Domain will be inaccessible and unrecoverable.
5. Cancellation of Automatic Renewal of Account or Domain. Subscriber agrees to notify GridHoster of Subscriber's intent to cancel automatic renewal at least sixteen (16) business days prior to the account or domain expiration date, by directing Automatic Account Renewal Cancellation Notification and/or Automatic Domain Renewal Cancellation Notification to GridHoster, as applicable, by sending same via email to admin@GridHoster.com. This request must include verification of ownership of the hosting account and/or domain(s), as determined by GridHoster.
6. Authority. In the event Subscriber is a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, joint venture, other business entity or group of individuals, the person registering for or renewing GridHoster Services on behalf of Subscriber hereby certifies that he/she has the authority to and does hereby bind the corporation, limited liability company, partnership, joint venture or other individuals in this manner and in connection with Subscriber's acceptance of all other Terms set forth herein.
1. Cancellations and Refunds. GridHoster provides a 30-day money back guarantee for new hosting account registrations, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Nonrefundable Fees: Fees paid by Subscriber in connection with the purchase of SSL certificates, Site Backup Pro, SEO Package, SiteLock, domain privacy, domain names are nonrefundable, as are Check Refunds of $10.00 or less due to processing fees.
2. Cancellations within First 3 Days of Registration. In the event Subscriber cancels the Services within 3 calendar days of registration, Subscriber will receive a full refund of all fees paid in connection with the registration upon request, with the exception of any Nonrefundable Fees set forth in Paragraph 3.01(A). Subscriber has the option, but not the obligation, to retain ownership and control of any promotional "Free Domain Names" registered in connection with the subscription, in which case Subscriber's refund will be reduced by $13.99 per domain name.
3. Cancellations After 3 Days and Before 30 Days. In the event Subscriber cancels the Services after the expiration of 3 calendar days, but prior to the expiration of 30 calendar days, Subscriber will receive a refund of all fees paid in connection with the registration, with the exception of any Nonrefundable Fees set forth in Paragraph 3.01(A), subject to the following additional mandatory reductions:
1. Free Domain Names: If Subscriber registers any domain name as part of a "Free Domain Name" promotion in connection with the registration, Subscriber's refund will be reduced by $13.99 per domain name. Subscriber will retain full ownership and control of any such domain names.
2. Postini/DedIP Any fees paid by Subscriber in connection with Postini or for services of a Dedicated IP will be refunded at a prorated rate based on the registration date, the length of service, and the date of cancellation.
4. Cancellations After 30 Days. Subscriber may cancel his/her/its Services at any time, before or after automatic account renewal, and, with the exception of any Nonrefundable Fees set forth in Paragraph 3.01(A) and setup fees, if any, which are nonrefundable after 30 calendar days, receive a pro-rated refund for all other fees paid for Services, less $13.99 per "Free Domain Name."
5. Notice of Cancellation. Subscriber agrees to direct all cancellation requests to GridHoster via email, admin@GridHoster.com . The cancellation request must include verification of ownership of the hosting account and/or domain(s), as determined by GridHoster. Subscriber must also confirm to GridHoster that all emails, files, and databases are preserved and backed up somewhere other than GridHoster server space.
2. Chargebacks and Reversals. In the event Subscriber issues a chargeback or reversal of charges without first following the above cancellation procedures, the Subscriber will be responsible for a $50.00 billing service fee.
AS RESELLER OR LICENSOR
GridHoster is acting only as a reseller or licensor of certain services, hardware, software and equipment used in connection with the products and/or Services that were or are manufactured or provided by a third party ("Non-GridHoster Product"). GridHoster shall not be responsible for any changes in the Services that cause the Non-GridHoster Product to become obsolete, require modification or alteration, or otherwise affect the performance of the Services. Any malfunction or manufacturer's defects of Non-GridHoster Product either sold, licensed or provided by GridHoster to User or purchased directly by User used in connection with the Services will not be deemed a breach of GridHoster's obligations under this Agreement. Any rights or remedies User may have regarding the ownership, licensing, performance or compliance of Non-GridHoster Product are limited to those rights extended to User by the manufacturer of such Non-GridHoster Product. User is entitled to use any Non-GridHoster Product supplied by GridHoster only in connection with User's permitted use of the Services. User shall use its best efforts to protect and keep confidential all intellectual property provided by GridHoster to User through any Non-GridHoster Product and shall make no attempt to copy, alter, reverse engineer, or tamper with such intellectual property or to use it other than in connection with the Services. User shall not resell, transfer, export or re-export any Non-GridHoster Product, or any technical data derived therefrom, in violation of any applicable United States or foreign law.
These Terms do not give Subscriber any rights in GridHoster intellectual property or technology. GridHoster and related trademarks and logos are the exclusive property of GridHoster. GridHoster and Subscriber agree that neither will, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer or decompile object code or execution code, nor otherwise seek to obtain source code or trade secrets of the other party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing herein shall bar GridHoster from using any knowledge, information or skills that are generally known or that can be learned or otherwise acquired in the normal course of business.
- SECURITY AND OWNERSHIP
1. Site Security and Updates. GridHoster uses sophisticated means of security in connection with the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is exclusively Subscriber's obligation to maintain and control passwords to Subscriber's web site(s), and Subscriber exclusively is responsible for all activities that occur in connection with Subscriber's user name, password, and registered domain name(s), as well as any and all scripts or programs added to the account by the Subscriber or authorized users. Subscriber agrees to immediately notify GridHoster of any unauthorized uses of the Service or any other breaches of security. It is exclusively Subscriber.s responsibility to update and secure any programs or scripts available via the cPanel interface. Subscriber's failure to update and secure any programs or scripts available via the cPanel interface may result in GridHoster either updating the programs and scripts or suspending your account services until they are updated. GridHoster will not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind, under any legal theory, caused by Subscriber's failure to comply with any of the foregoing security obligations or caused by any person to whom Subscriber grants access to Subscriber's Services, or due to any updates performed by GridHoster pursuant to the terms of this section.
2. Access and Control Policy. When a new account or domain, as applicable, is registered with or transferred to GridHoster or with one of its affiliates, the process requires and results in the creation of the following within the records of GridHoster, in association with said new account or domain: i) Name of person registering; ii) email address; iii) user name; iv) password; and, v) associated payment information, such as Visa, Mastercard, etc., Credit Card Number & name thereon, etc.
1. If a person contacts GridHoster and claims that he or she is entitled to access to an account, website, or domain registered with GridHoster or its affiliate but is without access (for any reason such as but not limited to forgotten password or forgotten user name, data loss or corruption on personal computer, improperly locked out, and so forth), GridHoster will give access to the person who acceptably evidences he or she has substantially all of: i) name of the person who originally registered; ii) email address of the person who originally registered; iii) the user name of the person who originally registered, if possible; iv) the associated payment information of the person who registered, such as Visa, Mastercard, etc., Credit Card Number & name thereon, etc. (mandatory); and, v) a photo identification evidencing she or he is the rightful possessor and user of said credit card or payment medium (mandatory). Otherwise, GridHoster will not give access and control to a claimant unless GridHoster is served with a valid order of a court, agency, or appropriate Internet controlling entity such as Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), requiring GridHoster to give such access and control to said claimant or unless there is submitted to GridHoster at admin@GridHoster.com a written statement duly signed by the person who originally registered said account which statement is duly notarized, and in which said originally registering person confirms that said claimant is entitled to access and control of the account, together with a written notarized statement duly signed by claimant which confirms claimant is entitled to access and control of said account, website and/or domain and has read and agreed to these Terms of Service. Subscriber acknowledges and accepts that the foregoing access and control policies and procedures are the only way that notice(s) can be given and changes can be effected regarding said access and/or control; and, further, that any other changes made directly by Subscriber or by others within the online records of GridHoster or of its affiliates shall not be deemed effective to give notice to GridHoster or its affiliates of any changes in said access or control.
2. Subscriber acknowledges and accepts said access and control policy and procedure, agrees not to bring any claim in the form of a lawsuit or otherwise against GridHoster arising out of its following said policy and procedure, agrees immediately to dismiss any claim so brought, and hereby releases GridHoster from all liability and all claims for damages or any other liability whatsoever that may arise out of GridHoster's following said policy and procedure.
3. License to GridHoster. GridHoster claims no ownership interest in the content of Subscriber's web site(s). By submitting content and data to GridHoster, Subscriber grants to GridHoster, its successors and assigns, the worldwide, royalty-free, and nonexclusive license under Subscriber's copyrights and other rights, if any, in all material and content displayed in Subscriber's web site to use, distribute, display, reproduce, and create derivative works from such material in any and all media, in order to maintain such content on GridHoster's servers during the term of these Terms. Subscriber also authorizes the downloading and printing of such material, or any portion thereof, by end-users for their personal use. This license shall terminate upon Subscriber's cancellation of the Services as set forth in Paragraphs 2.01 and 3.0.
4. Transfer of Ownership. GridHoster is not responsible to determine ownership of websites hosted by, accounts opened with, or domains registered with GridHoster or its affiliates. By accessing GridHoster's system, registering, or using any of the services provided by GridHoster, the Subscriber, or any other person so accessing, registering or using, hereby represents and warrants that the information provided in connection with said registration, including as well information concerning ownership of websites, domains, and accounts, is true, accurate, and complete in each material detail. Any disputes arising regarding the ownership of any account, website, or domain hosted by, opened with, or registered with GridHoster or any of its affiliates are subject to the terms and conditions of Section 5.5 of these Terms.
1. GridHoster will recognize a change of ownership of account(s) with, of websites hosted by, and/or of domains registered with GridHoster or its affiliates only in the event that at least one of the following occur: i) there is received by the Compliance Manager (admin@GridHoster.com) a written statement (in a form acceptable to GridHoster or applicable affiliate) containing the notarized signature of the original owner of the account, website, and/or domain, as applicable, confirming that ownership of the website, domain, and/or account, as applicable, has been transferred to a person (claimant) claiming to own said website, domain and/or account, as applicable, along with a written statement containing the notarized signature of the claimant confirming that she or he has acquired said ownership, has read and agrees to be bound by these Terms of Service; or, ii) GridHoster is served with a valid order of a court, agency, or appropriate internet controlling entity such as Internt Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), requiring GridHoster (or affiliate) to transfer such ownership to said claimant.
2. Subscriber acknowledges and accepts that the foregoing policies and procedures regarding transfer of ownership are the only way that notice(s) can be given and changes can be effected regarding said transfer of ownership within GridHoster; and, further, that any other changes made directly by Subscriber or by others within the online records of GridHoster or of its affiliates shall not be deemed effective to give notice to GridHoster or its affiliates of any changes in said ownership.
5. Disputing Site or Account Ownership Disputes sometimes arise between or among multiple persons claiming ownership of or rights in a site hosted by GridHoster or in an associated GridHoster account. GridHoster is not obligated to resolve any such disputes. If multiple persons are claiming ownership of or rights in a site hosted by GridHoster or in an associated GridHoster account, and, in GridHoster's sole judgment, there is not certainty as to the ownership of or rights in said site or account, then GridHoster will, to the extent of its knowledge and ability, notify said persons of the dispute and demand that said persons promptly, conclusively, and finally resolve the dispute in a manner which makes clear who the owner(s) and/or interest holder(s) is/are and in a manner which relieves GridHoster of all liability or obligations concerning the dispute. If the disputing persons fail so to resolve the dispute within what GridHoster, in its sole judgment, deems to be a reasonable time, then GridHoster, at its option and without any obligation to do so, may, in accordance with and subject to the laws of the United States, file an interpleader action in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States for the purpose of allowing the contending persons to resolve said dispute and to reach certainty regarding ownership of or rights in said site and/or account. The person or persons conclusively and finally determined by the interpleader action to be the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) of said site and/or associated account shall be obligated to reimburse GridHoster for all of its expenses relative to said interpleader action including without limit all its court costs and reasonable attorney fees. All amounts owed to GridHoster under this section 5.03 shall be deemed due and payable immediately upon thirty (30) days after judgment or settlement is reached.
1. Commitment. The GridHoster commitment to our Subscribers' privacy is set forth in this section. Except as required by law or as otherwise provided herein, GridHoster will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure your right to privacy. GridHoster is committed to developing long lasting relationships that are built on trust and will never intentionally violate that trust.
2. Encryption. When Subscriber orders from GridHoster, Personal Data Transmissions are encrypted. When Subscriber orders from GridHoster, all of Subscriber's personal information is protected. GridHoster uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry standard, for encrypting all personal information, including name, address and credit card numbers.
3. Confidentiality. With the exception of trusted business affiliates and/or associates who work on behalf of or in connection with GridHoster, subject to specific confidentiality agreements, GridHoster will not provide or sell to any third party your personal information and will keep all Subscriber information confidential, subject to the following:
1. Upon registration, certain Subscriber information is transferred to WHOIS (domain registration information), to our affiliated third-party registrar, NameSilo, to Postini (email addresses), and to GoDaddy (SSL cert. creation).
2. GridHoster will respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, and will utilize Subscriber information as necessary to establish or exercise GridHoster's legal rights or defend against legal claims. GridHoster will charge the person or entity for submitting a civil subpoena for costs associated with subpoena compliance. Payment must be made within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the GridHoster invoice. Checks should be made out to GridHoster. GridHoster's subpoena compliance costs are as follows: Research-$350.00/hour;
3. GridHoster will share information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations or suspected violations of these Terms, or as otherwise required by law.
4. When we are threatened with suit by a third party, or any other legal action brought to our attention involving us based on the anonymity of the domain, we may seek assurance from you the customer concerning your promise to indemnify us and written notice that you have contacted the plaintiff or representative for the complainant and made your contact information available to them. Failure to provide those assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of your Agreement and may result in deactivation of your domain name and forfeit the right to privacy on a domain. A pro-rated refund will be issued to the payment method on file for the remaining unused service.
- "UNLIMITED" USAGE POLICIES AND DEFINITIONS
1. What "Unlimited" means. GridHoster does not set an arbitrary limit or cap on the amount of resources a single Subscriber can use. In good faith and subject to these Terms, GridHoster makes every commercially reasonable effort to provide its Subscribers with all the storage and bandwidth resources needed to power their web sites successfully, as long as the Subscriber's use of the service complies with these Terms. By not setting limits on key resources, we are able to provide simple, consistent pricing to our Subscribers as they grow their websites. As a result, a typical website may experience periods of great popularity and resulting increased storage without experiencing any associated increase in hosting charges.
"Unlimited" DOES NOT mean. GridHoster employs complex mechanisms to
protect its Subscribers and systems from abuse. GridHoster's offering of
"unlimited" services is not intended to allow the actions of a single
or few Subscribers to unfairly or adversely impact the experience of other
GridHoster's service is a shared hosting service, which means that multiple Subscriber web sites are hosted from the same server and share server resources. GridHoster's service is designed to meet the typical needs of small business and home business website Subscribers in the United States. It is NOT intended to support the sustained demand of large enterprises, internationally based businesses, or non-typical applications better suited to a dedicated server.
GridHoster will make every commercially reasonable effort to provide additional resources to Subscribers who are using their website(s) consistent with these Terms, including moving Subscribers to newer and bigger shared servers as necessary. However, in order to ensure a consistent and quality experience for all Subscribers, GridHoster does place automated safeguards to protect against any one site growing too quickly and adversely impacting the system until GridHoster can evaluate said sites resource needs.
3. Unlimited Hosting Space; excessive MySQL files.GridHoster does not set arbitrary limits on the amount of disk space a Subscriber can use for the Subscriber's website, nor does GridHoster charge additional fees based on an increased amount of storage used, provided the Subscriber's use of storage complies with these Terms. Please note, however, that the GridHoster service is designed to host websites. GridHoster does NOT provide unlimited space for online storage, backups, or archiving of electronic files, documents, log files, etc., and any such prohibited use of the Services will result in the termination of Subscriber's account, with or without notice. Accounts with a large number of files (inode count in excess of 50,000) can have an adverse affect on server performance. Similarly, accounts with an excessive number of MySQL/PostgreSQL tables (i.e., in excess of 500 database tables) or of database size (i.e., in excess of 1GB total MySQL/PostgreSQL usage or 500MB MySQL/PostgreSQL usage in a single database) negatively affect the performance of the server. GridHoster may request that the number of files/inodes, database tables, or total database usage be reduced to ensure proper performance or may terminate the Subscriber's account, with or without notice.
4. Unlimited File Transfer. GridHoster does not set arbitrary limits on the amount of visitor traffic a web site can receive or on the amount of content a Subscriber can upload to his/her/its website in a given month, nor does GridHoster charge additional fees based on increased use of bandwidth, as long as the Subscriber's use of the Services complies with these Terms. In most cases, a Subscriber's web site will be able to support as much traffic as the Subscriber can legitimately acquire. However, GridHoster reserves the right to limit processor time, bandwidth, processes, or memory in cases where it is necessary to prevent negatively impacting other Subscribers.
5. Unlimited Domain Hosting. GridHoster does not set arbitrary limits on the number of domain names a Subscriber can associate with the Subscriber's web hosting account.
- PROHIBITED USES
1. Breach of Terms and Account Termination. The uses of GridHoster Services set forth in this section hereinbelow are prohibited. The engaging in any prohibited use as set forth herein by Subscriber or by any affiliate or subscriber of Subscriber ( as determined in the sole discretion of GridHoster) constitutes a material breach of these Terms and will subject Subscriber's account to immediate termination without notice and without any refund.
2. Spamming. Spamming, whether or not it overloads the Services or disrupts service to GridHoster's Subscribers, is prohibited. The term "Spamming" includes, but is not limited to, the sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet, maintaining an open SMTP policy, or sending to any mailing list that is not double opt in. GridHoster requires that all email messages contain an automated opt out . We do not allow purchased lists. GridHoster's Subscribers are required to follow all rules in the Can Spam Act (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/ecommerce/bus61.shtm) as well as our company spam rules. GridHoster reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, whether e-mail recipients were part of an opt-in email list. Irrespective of whether an email campaign constitutes Spamming as defined herein, GridHoster allows a MAXIMUM of 100 emails per hour to be sent from any individual hosting account.
3. Prohibited Offerings. No Subscriber may utilize the Services to provide, sell or offer to sell the following: controlled substances; illegal drugs and drug contraband; weapons; pirated materials; instructions on making, assembling or obtaining illegal goods or weapons to attack others; information used to violate the copyright(s) of, violate the trademark(s) of or to destroy others' intellectual property or information; information used to illegally harm any people or animals; pornography, nudity, sexual products, programs or services; escort services or other content deemed adult related.
4. Profanity. Profanity or profane subject matter in the site content and in the domain name are prohibited.
5. Private Information and Images. Subscribers may not post or disclose any personal or private information about or images of children or any third party without the consent of said party (or a parent's consent in the case of a minor).
6. Violations of Intellectual Property Rights. Any violation of any person's or entity's intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or other personal rights is prohibited. GridHoster is required by law to remove or block access to content appearing on or through the Services upon receipt of proper notice of copyright infringement (see "Copyright Infringement Notice Information" below).
7. Misrepresentation of Transmission Information. Forging, misrepresenting, omitting, or deleting message headers, return mailing information and/or Internet protocol addresses to conceal or misidentify the origin of a message is prohibited.
8. Viruses and Other Destructive Activities. Use of the Services for creating or sending Internet viruses, worms or Trojan horses, or for pinging, flooding or mail bombing, or engaging in denial of service attacks is prohibited. It is also prohibited for any Subscriber to engage in other activity that is intended to disrupt or interfere with, or that results in the disruption of or interference with, the ability of others to effectively use the Services (or any connected network, system, service or equipment) or conduct their business over the Internet.
9. Hacking. "Hacking" and related activities are prohibited. "Hacking" includes, but is not limited to, the following activities: illegally or without authorization, accessing computers, accounts or networks, penetrating or attempting to penetrate security measures, port scans, stealth scans, and other activities designed to assist in hacking.
10. Anonymous Proxies. GridHoster does not allow the use of anonymous proxy scripts on its servers. They can be very abusive to the server resources, affecting all users on that server.
11. Export Control Violations. The exportation of encryption software outside of the United States and/or violations of United States law relating to the exportation of software is prohibited. Subscriber may not export or transfer, directly or indirectly, any regulated product or information to anyone outside the United States without complying with all applicable statues, codes, ordnances, regulations, and rules imposed by U.S. federal, state or local law, or by any other applicable law.
12. Child Pornography. The use of the Services to store, post, display, transmit, advertise or otherwise make available child pornography is prohibited. GridHoster is required by law to, and will, notify law enforcement agencies when it becomes aware of the presence of child pornography on, or being transmitted through, the Services.
13. Other Illegal Activities. The use of the Services to engage in any activity that is determined by GridHoster, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be illegal is prohibited. Such illegal activities include, but are not limited to, storing, posting, displaying, transmitting or otherwise making available ponzi or pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards or displaying credit card information of third parties without their consent, and failure to comply with applicable on-line privacy laws. GridHoster will cooperate fully with appropriate law enforcement agencies in connection with any and all illegal activities occurring on or through the Services.
14. Obscene, Defamatory, Abusive or Threatening Language. Use of the Services to store, post, transmit, display or otherwise make available obscene, defamatory, harassing, abusive or threatening language is prohibited.
15. BACKUP STORAGE. GRIDHOSTER OFFERS ITS SERVICES TO HOST WEB SITES, NOT TO STORE DATA. USING AN ACCOUNT AS AN ONLINE STORAGE SPACE FOR ARCHIVING ELECTRONIC FILES IS PROHIBITED AND WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION OF HOSTING SERVICES WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
16. Other Activities. Engaging in any activity that, in GridHoster's sole and absolute discretion, disrupts, interferes with or is harmful to (or threatens to disrupt, interfere with, or be harmful to) the Services, GridHoster's business, operations, reputation, goodwill, Subscribers and/or Subscriber relations, or the ability of GridHoster's Subscribers to effectively use the Services is prohibited. Such prohibited activities include making available any program, product or service that is designed to or could be used to violate these Terms. In addition, the failure of Subscriber to cooperate with GridHoster in correcting or preventing violations of these Terms by, or that result from the activity of, a subscriber, patron, customer, invitee, visitor, or guest of the Subscriber constitutes a violation of these Terms by Subscriber.
TRADEMARK, AND "IP RIGHTS HOLDER" NOTICE OF INFRINGEMENT
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, GridHoster has adopted a policy that provides for termination of websites hosted by GridHoster that are found to infringe on copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of third parties (each an .IP Rights Holder.) If a IP Rights Holder holder believes that there has been a violation of his or her copyright on a website that is hosted by GridHoster or a GridHoster subsidiary, and the IP Rights Holder wants GridHoster to remove the website or disable the material in question, GridHoster will remove the website or disable the material if the IP Rights Holder provides us with all of the following information.
1. A signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed is being infringed, or, in the case of claimed infringement of multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works.
2. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or is the subject of infringing activity and that should be removed or access to which should be disabled, with information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the person giving the notification, such as an address and telephone, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which such person may be contacted.
4. A statement that the person giving the notification has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
5. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the person giving the notification is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Email DMCA reports to admin@GridHoster.com.
6. IMPORTANT NOTE: IN THE EVENT YOU SEND US A NOTICE OF ANY KIND VIA EMAIL AND DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM US, PLEASE SUBMIT IT AGAIN. DUE TO THE VAGARIES OF THE INTERNET, AND EMAIL COMMUNICATION IN PARTICULAR, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE BURDENS OF SPAM AND THE OCCASIONAL, UNINTENDED EFFECTS OF SPAM FILTERS, SENDING AN ALTERNATE FORM OF NOTICE, WILL HELP ASSURE THAT YOUR NOTICE WILL BE RECEIVED BY US AND ACTED ON IN A TIMELY MANNER.
1. Promotional Pricing. GridHoster may periodically offer "free" or discounted services or credits in connection with a promotional offer, including, without limitation, free domain name registration. Such promotional offers are honored only in connection with the specific promotional package to which they apply. In the event a Subscriber downgrades or otherwise changes his/her/its subscription to a subscription to which a promotional offer does not apply, Subscriber will forfeit any unused free credits offered under the promotional packaged and GridHoster will charge Subscriber the prevailing fees for any free credits redeemed by Subscriber under the promotional package.
2. Backups. For its own operational efficiencies and purposes, GridHoster from time to time backs up data on its servers, but is under no obligation or duty to Subscriber to do so under these Terms. IT IS SOLELY SUBSCRIBER'S DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY TO BACKUP SUBSCRIBER'S FILES AND DATA ON GRIDHOSTER SERVERS, AND under no circumstance will GridHoster be liable to anyone FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND under any legal theory for loss of Subscriber FILES AND/or data on any GridHoster server. GridHoster will not attempt to back up accounts that exceed 25,000 files or 10 Gigs of space for any reason.
3. Monitoring and Disclosures. All activities occurring on, in, and/or via the Services or any website hosted by GridHoster may be monitored, recorded, and examined by any authorized person, including as well law enforcement. In general, GridHoster does not monitor its Subscribers' websites or activities to determine whether they are in compliance with these Terms. However, when and if GridHoster becomes aware of any violation of these Terms, GridHoster may take any lawful action, and in the event of illegal activity, will take action, to stop or correct such violation, including, but not limited to, shutting down a website, denying access to the Services or to the Internet via GridHoster, and/or removing non-complying information. In addition, GridHoster may take any lawful action against a Subscriber or a subscriber, patron, customer, invitee, visitor, or guest of such Subscriber because of the activities of such subscriber, patron, customer, invitee, visitor, or guest. GridHoster reserves the right to take any such action even though such action may affect other subscribers, patrons, customers, invitees, visitors, or guests of the Subscriber. GridHoster may disclose any information in its possession, including, without limitation, information about Subscribers, internet transmissions and website activity in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, summons, discovery request, warrant, statute, regulation, governmental request, or other legal process to protect GridHoster or others from harm, and/or to ensure the proper operation of the Services. GridHoster.com has no obligation to notify any person, including the Subscriber about whom information is sought, that GridHoster has provided the information.
4. Accurate Account Information. Subscriber must continually update and keep accurate and current Subscriber's contact information stored and saved on GridHoster in order to avoid termination of Subscriber's GridHoster account(s).
5. Duty to Notify GridHoster of Breach. If Subscriber discovers anyone on the GridHoster system violating any of these Terms or notices anything suspicious from the GridHoster network, Subscriber agrees to report the violation or suspicious activity to admin@GridHoster.com for investigation. GridHoster reserves the right to and will immediately terminate any account which GridHoster concludes to be in violation of any of these Terms.
6. Reservation of Rights. GridHoster reserves the right to refuse or to cancel service to any prospective Subscriber or existing Subscriber for any lawful reason at any time during Subscriber's hosting term with GridHoster.
7. Severability. These Terms are binding upon GridHoster, all existing and prospective Subscribers, and upon the assigns, heirs, and successors of each. If any provision of these Terms is held by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the rest of these Terms shall, nevertheless, continue to be valid and in full force and effect, to the extent said remaining Terms are then otherwise consistent with the original intent of the Terms of Service.
8. Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the United States without reference to conflict of law principles. The United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods shall not apply and is hereby expressly excluded. By subscribing to or using any of the Services of GridHoster, Subscriber agrees that all disputes, if any, involving GridHoster shall be subject exclusively to the jurisdiction of the United States and Federal Courts within the United States; provided, further, that all action brought against GridHoster in United States. Subscriber hereby agrees that it is subject to the in personam jurisdiction of said courts for all purposes in connection with these Terms and/or in connection with any claim or dispute involving GridHoster. Subscriber hereby waives any and all objections that it has or might have, known or unknown, whether under United States long arm statute or otherwise, to the existence of said in personam jurisdiction. Subscriber agrees that it has no right to and shall not file or otherwise bring a lawsuit against GridHoster outside the United States; and, that Subscriber, if involved before a court in a lawsuit outside of the United States, shall be deemed to support and to stipulate to a motion made by GridHoster to dismiss said lawsuit with respect to GridHoster.
9. Parked Page Services. GridHoster provides Parked Page Services on domains registered through or hosted with GridHoster. User can opt out of the Parked Page Services at any time by simply replacing the default web page on the parked domain or pointing the DNS away from GridHoster. By using any of the Parked Pages Services, User agrees that GridHoster may point the domain name or DNS to one of GridHoster's or GridHoster's affiliates web pages, and that they may place advertising on User's web page and that GridHoster specifically reserves this right. User shall have no right to any compensation and shall not be entitled and shall have no right to receive any funds related to the monetization of User's Parked Pages. User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless GridHoster for any complications arising out of use of the Parked Page Services, including, but not limited to, actions GridHoster chooses to take to remedy User's improper or illegal use of a Web site hosted by GridHoster. User agrees it is not entitled to a refund of any fees paid to GridHoster. If a dispute arises as a result of one or more of User's Parked Pages, User will indemnify, defend and hold GridHoster harmless for damages arising out of such dispute. User also agrees that if GridHoster is notified that a complaint has been filed with a governmental, administrative or judicial body, regarding a Web site hosted by GridHoster that GridHoster, in its sole discretion, may take whatever action GridHoster deems necessary regarding further modification, assignment of and/or control of the Web site to comply with the actions or requirements of the governmental, administrative or judicial body until such time as the dispute is settled.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER - LIMITATIONS - INDEMNIFICATION
1. Warranty Disclaimer. YOU, THE SUBSCRIBER, ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SERVICES AND THE SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. GRIDHOSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, PERFORMANCE OR FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE, OR WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR AVAILABLE THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE, OR THAT THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE MAY CONTAIN ERRORS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY GRIDHOSTER OR GRIDHOSTER'S REPRESENTATIVES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUBSCRIBER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVES, SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. GRIDHOSTER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS AND CONTENT. GRIDHOSTER DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT USERS WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE SERVICES AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF THEIR CHOOSING. GRIDHOSTER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE OR SOFTWARE, EVEN IF SUCH THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT SUCH SERVICE OR SOFTWARE IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY SERVICE OR GRIDHOSTER IN PARTICULAR.
2. Limitations on GridHoster's Liability. GRIDHOSTER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR NONPERFORMANCE OR DELAY IN PERFORMANCE CAUSED BY ANY REASON, WHETHER WITHIN OR OUTSIDE OF ITS CONTROL. IN NO EVENT SHALL GRIDHOSTER BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONVERSION, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT, IP RIGHTS HOLDER INFRINGEMENT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION OF ANY KIND OR LOSS OF BUSINESS GOODWILL OR OPPORTUNITY) WHETHER OR NOT GRIDHOSTER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES. GRIDHOSTER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY. GRIDHOSTER'S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND SUBSCRIBER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY USE OF THE SERVICES IS THE CANCELLATION OF SUBSCRIBER'S ACCOUNT AS SET FORTH HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL GRIDHOSTER'S LIABILITY TO YOU, THE SUBSCRIBER, EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE DOLLAR ($1.00) OR ANY AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID IN CASH BY YOU, THE SUBSCRIBER, TO GRIDHOSTER FOR THE PRIOR ONE MONTH PERIOD. NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OR OUT OF THE SERVICES MAY BE BROUGHT BY YOU, THE SUBSCRIBER, MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE EVENT WHICH GAVE RISE TO THE CAUSE OF ACTION . SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW A LIMITATION ON LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE THAT CAUSES DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY AND, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, GRIDHOSTER'S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
3. Indemnification of GridHoster. You, the Subscriber, agree to defend, indemnify and hold GridHoster, its affiliates and its sponsors, partners, other co-branders and the respective directors, officers and employees of each harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities and costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) arising out of or relating to your breach of any of these Terms or use by you or any third party of the Services, except to the extent the foregoing directly result from GridHoster's own gross negligence or willful misconduct. GridHoster reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, the Subscriber.
- PROHIBITED PERSONS (COUNTRIES, ENTITIES, AND INDIVIDUALS)
1. Sanctioned Countries. The government of the United States of America, through various of its offices and agencies, including but not limited to, through one or more Executive Orders of the President of the United States, through rules and regulations of the United States Department of State, Department of the Treasury, and Department of Commerce, has determined that, with respect to all or certain commercial activities that would otherwise occur between i) the United States, its citizens or residents on the one hand and ii) the governments, citizens, or residents of certain other countries ("Sanctioned Countries") on the other hand, said commercial activities are to be prohibited, embargoed, sanctioned, banned, and/or otherwise excluded. "Sanctioned Countries" shall be deemed automatically to be added to or otherwise modified from time to time consistent with the determination(s) of the government of the United States, and shall include all other countries with respect to which commercial activities are prohibited, embargoed, sanctioned, banned and/or otherwise excluded by determination(s) of the government of the United States from time to time.
1. Each Sanctioned Country, all governmental, commercial, or other entities located therein, and all individuals located in any Sanctioned Country are hereby prohibited from registering or signing up with, subscribing to, or using any service of GridHoster.
2. Each individual which is a National or Citizen of a Sanctioned Country is hereby prohibited from registering or signing up with, subscribing to, or using any service of GridHoster, regardless of where said individual is located.
2. Prohibited Organizations/Entities. The government of the United States of America, through various of its offices and agencies, including but not limited to, through one or more Executive Orders of the President of the United States, through rules and regulations of the United States Department of State, Department of the Treasury, and Department of Commerce, has determined that certain organizations and/or entities (collectively "Prohibited Organizations/Entities" and individually "Prohibited Organization/Entity") are to be prohibited, embargoed, sanctioned, banned, and/or otherwise excluded from all or certain commercial transactions with the United States, its citizens and residents. The Prohibited Organizations/Entities are those as set forth in the applicable records of the government of the United States, including without limit those set forth at: http://www.ustreas.gov/ofac; and, http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx, as said determinations and resulting records may be amended, updated, or otherwise modified from time to time.
1. Each Prohibited Organization/Entity is hereby prohibited from registering or signing up with, subscribing to, or using any service of GridHoster.
3. Prohibited Individuals. The government of the United States of America, through various of its offices and agencies, including but not limited to, through one or more Executive Orders of the President of the United States, through rules and regulations of the United States Department of State, Department of the Treasury, and Department of Commerce, has determined that certain individuals (collectively "Prohibited Individuals" and individually "Prohibited Individual"), including without limit, certain Specially Designated Nationals are to be prohibited, embargoed, sanctioned, banned, and/or otherwise excluded from all or certain commercial transactions with the United States, its citizens and residents. The Prohibited Individuals are those as set forth in the applicable records of the government of the United States, including without limit those set forth at: http://www.ustreas.gov/ofac; and, http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx, as said determinations and resulting records may be amended, updated, or otherwise modified from time to time.
1. Each Prohibited Individual is hereby prohibited from registering or signing up with, subscribing to, or using any service of GridHoster.
YOU, FOR YOURSELF OR ON BEHALF OF ONE OR MORE PERSONS YOU ARE REPRESENTING WITH
RESPECT TO GRIDHOSTER SERVICES, DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING TERMS, YOU
MUST, FOR YOURSELF AND ON BEHALF ANY SUCH PERSON(S), DISCONTINUE THE
REGISTRATION PROCESS, DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND, IF YOU ARE
ALREADY A MEMBER, CANCEL YOUR GRIDHOSTER ACCOUNT. BEGINNING NOW, ANY
CONTINUATION BY YOU IN USING THE SERVICES CONSTITUTES FOR YOU AND THOSE
REPRESENTED BY YOU AN EXPRESS AFFIRMATION AND COMMITMENT TO BE (OR TO CONTINUE
TO BE, AS APPLICABLE) LEGALLY BOUND BY AND TO COMPLY WITH ALL OF THESE TERMS.
Cloud Servers TOS addendum
GridHoster reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to amend or to modify these Terms of Service without prior notice to you, provided that if any such alterations constitute a material change to these Terms of Service, GridHoster will notify you by posting an announcement on the Website. Amendments and modifications shall take effect immediately when posted on the Website. By continuing to access or use the Services after any such amendments or modifications, you agree to be bound by such amended or modified Terms of Service. For this reason, we encourage you to review the Terms of Service whenever you use the Services. If you do not agree to any change to these Terms of Services, then you must immediately stop using the Services.
1. Eligibility & Registration
1.1 The Services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 16. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are 16 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 16, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms of Service are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you and the right to access the Services is revoked where these Terms of Service or use of the Services is prohibited or to the extent offering, sale or provision of the Services conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
1.2 To sign up for the Services, you must register for an account on the Services (an “Account”). You must provide accurate and complete information and keep your Account information updated. You shall not: (i) select or use as a username a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use as a username a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or (iii) use, as a username, a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, regardless of whether the activities are undertaken by you, your employees or a third party (including your contractors or agents), and for keeping your Account password secure. You may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the Services without permission. You must notify us immediately of any change in your eligibility to use the Services (including any changes to or revocation of any licenses from state authorities), breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. You should never publish, distribute or post login information for your Account. You shall have the ability to delete your Account, either directly or through a request made to one of our employees or affiliates. GridHoster will not be liable for any loss or damage as a result of your failure to provide us with accurate information or to keep your Account secure.
2.1 For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” includes, without limitation, information, data, text, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Content” also includes all User Content (as defined below).
2.2 All Content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to the Services by users (collectively “User Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. You represent that all User Content provided by you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You acknowledge that all Content, including User Content, accessed by you using the Services is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. We do not guarantee that any Content you access on or through the Services is or will continue to be accurate.
2.3 The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us, our partners or our users and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
2.4 Subject to these Terms of Service, we grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for other than purposes of using the Services is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right.
2.5 By submitting any User Content to the Website, excluding privately transmitted User Content, you hereby do and shall grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, aggregate, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit such User Content in connection with the Website, the Services and our (and our successors’ and assigns’) businesses, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Website or the Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites and feeds), and including after your termination of your Account or the Services. You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Website and/or the Services a non-exclusive, perpetual license to access any of your User Content that is available to such user on the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Content, including after your termination of your Account or the Services. By submitting any User Content to the Services other than on the Website, you hereby do and shall grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, aggregate, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such User Content solely for the purpose of providing the Services. For clarity, the foregoing licenses granted to us and our users does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing. You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such licenses to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
2.6 Some Content will be marked on the Service as “Creative Commons Content”. Creative Commons Content will be identified with a Creative Commons icon. We hereby grant each user of the Services a license to Creative Commons Content under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 US license, available at hthe "Creative Commons License. You agree to abide by the terms of the Creative Commons License when using Creative Commons Content.
3. Rules of Conduct
3.1 As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms of Service. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services.
3.2 You agree that you will not transmit, distribute, post, store, link, or otherwise traffic in Content, information, software, or materials on or through the Service that (i) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, offensive, profane, contains or depicts pornography that is unlawful, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion, (ii) you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate, (iii) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, (iv) impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, or (v) includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information. GridHoster may permit, in its sole discretion, adult websites that abide by state and federal law and regulation.
3.3 You shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; (iii) bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Website; (vi) harvest or scrape any Content from the Services; (vii) use the Services for high risk activities including but not limited to the operation of nuclear facilities, air traffic control, life support systems, or any other use where the failure of service could lead to death, personal injury, or environmental damage; or (viii) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
3.4 You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including without limitation any application), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Services, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
3.5 We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users and the public.
3.6 Subscribers are restricted from registering multiple Accounts with the same billing details without first notifying GridHoster of that intent. Otherwise, GridHoster shall have the right to automatically flag such Accounts as fraudulent or abusive, and GridHoster may, without notification to the Subscriber of such Account, suspend the service of such Account or any other Account used by such Subscriber. The use of referral codes by multiple Accounts having the same billing profile is not allowed. GridHoster also reserves the right to terminate a Subscriber's Account if it is targeted by malicious activity from other parties.
3.7 Subscribers must NOT: (i) run Torrents for download or Seed Servers, or TOR; (ii) resell services through their Account to provide free bandwidth to other individuals; or (iii) transfer the Account ownership to another individual or entity, or otherwise circumvent the intended fair usage of free bandwidth by distributing it freely to others. Failure of Subscribers to follow these terms will result in the revocation of their Accounts.
3.8 The enumeration of violations in this Section 3 of these Terms of Service is not meant to be exclusive, and GridHoster provides notice hereby that it has and will exercise its authority to take whatever action is necessary to protect the Services, Subscribers, and third parties from acts that would be inimical to the purposes of this Section 3 of these Terms of Service.
Lawful Use of the Network
3.9 In using the Services, Subscribers must comply with, and refrain from violations of, any right of any other person, entity, or law, or any contractual duty, including but not limited to the United States Code, the Code of Federal Regulations, and the United States Revised Statutes, including but not limited to those statutes forbidding: (a) distribution of child pornography, (b) forgery, identity theft, misdirection or interference with electronic communications, (c) invasion of privacy, (d) violations of the CANSPAM Act, (e) collection of excessive user data from children, or other improper data collection activities, (f) securities violations, wire fraud, money laundering, or terrorist activities, or (f) false advertising, propagating or profiting from frauds and unfair schemes. Subscribers will also comply with the affirmative requirements of law governing use of the Services, including but not limited to: (i) disclosure requirements, including those regarding notification of security breaches, (ii) records maintenance for regulated industries, and (iii) financial institution safeguards.
Agreed Use of Allotted Network Resources
3.10 Subscribers shall not use any method to circumvent the provisions of these Terms of Service, or to obtain Services in excess of those for which they contract with GridHoster. Subscribers shall use only those IP addresses that are assigned to them by GridHoster, and shall not use any IP addresses outside of their assigned range. Subscribers shall not use any mechanism to exceed the amount of resources assigned to them through the Services, or to conceal such activities.
3.11 Subscribers may not use the Services to distribute, receive communications or data gleaned from, or execute any action directed by any type of injurious code, including but not limited to: (i) trojans, (ii) key loggers, (iii) viruses, (iv) malware, (v) botnets, (vi) denial of service attacks, (vii) flood or mail bombs, (viii) logic bombs, or (ix) other actions which GridHoster reserves the sole right to determine to be malicious in intent.
3.12 In addition to being forbidden from performing any acts made illegal by the CAN-SPAM Act, Subscribers may not send bulk email utilizing their resources on the Services unless they maintain a double-authorized list of subscribed members including IP addresses and relevant contact information, along with following guidelines for including removal links with all sent emails according to the CAN-SPAM Act. Subscribers are forbidden from taking any action that would result in their IP addresses, or any IP address associated with GridHoster or other Subscribers, being placed on the Spamhaus.org blacklist. GridHoster reserves the sole and absolute right to determine whether an email violation has occurred.
Invasion of Privacy, Defamation, or Harassment
3.13 Subscribers may not use the Services in a manner that would violate the lawful privacy rights of any person, or to publish or republish defamatory or libelous statements, or to harass or embarrass, which shall be determined in GridHoster’s sole and absolute discretion.
Violation of Copyright, Trademark, Patent or Trade Secret
3.14 Subscribers may not use the Services in violation of the copyrights, trademarks, patents or trade secrets of third parties, nor shall they utilize the Services to publish such materials in a manner that would expose them to public view in violation of the law. The provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) (as required under 17 U.S.C. §512) will apply to issues presented by allegations of copyright violations by third parties. GridHoster will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of repeat violators. If a third party believes that a Subscriber of GridHoster is violating its intellectual property rights, it should notify us by email at abuse@GridHoster.com. A notification should include information reasonably sufficient to permit GridHoster to locate the allegedly infringing material, such as the IP address or URL of the specific online location where the alleged infringement is occurring. Please see our DMCA Copyright Policy.
3.15 Subscriber shall comply with all applicable export and import control laws and regulations in its use of the Services, and, in particular, Subscriber shall not utilize the Services to export or re-export data or software without all required United States and foreign government licenses. Subscriber assumes full legal responsibility for any access and use of the Services from outside the United States, with full understanding that the same may constitute export of technology and technical data that may implicate export regulations and/or require export license. Should such a license be required, it shall be Subscriber's responsibility to obtain the same, at Subscriber’s sole cost and expense, and in the event of any breach of this duty resulting in legal claims against GridHoster, Subscriber shall defend, indemnify and hold GridHoster harmless from all claims and damages arising therefrom.
Acts of Sub-Users
3.16 Subscribers are responsible for the acts of others utilizing their access to the Services, and will be held responsible for violations of the Services by their sub-users or persons who gain access to the Services using the Subscriber's access codes. Any activity that a Subscriber is prohibited from performing by these Terms of Services is equally prohibited to anyone using the access to the Services of the Subscriber. Accordingly, Subscribers agree to take the following actions outlined in 3.17, 3.18 and 3.19 below to control the activities of those who connect to the Services by any means.
Access Code Protection
3.17 Subscribers shall utilize proper security protocols, such as setting strong passwords and access control mechanisms, safeguarding access to all logins and passwords, and verifying the trustworthiness of persons who are entrusted with account access information.
Notification Regarding these Terms of Service
3.18 Subscribers shall notify all persons who receive access to the Services of the provisions of these Terms of Service, and shall inform them that the terms of these Terms of Service are binding upon them.
3.19 Subscribers shall notify GridHoster if and when they learn of any security breaches regarding the Services, and shall aid in any investigation or legal action that is taken by authorities and/or GridHoster to cure the security breach.
4. Third Party Services
4.1 The Services may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Services. When you access third party resources on the Internet, you do so at your own risk. These other resources are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply our endorsement or any association between us and their operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
5. Payments and Billing
Acceptable Payment Methods
5.1 GridHoster accepts major credit cards, debit cards, bitcoins and Paypal payments. Subscribers who choose to pay with PayPal will be strictly limited to a single GridHoster Account per PayPal account. Virtual credit cards and gift cards typically will not be accepted. Other forms of payment may be arranged by contacting GridHoster at contact@GridHoster.com. Please note that any payment terms presented to you in the process of using or signing up for paid Services are deemed part of this Agreement.
5.2 We use third-party payment processors (the “Payment Processors”) to bill you through a payment account linked to your Account on the Services (your “Billing Account”) for use of the paid Services. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processors in addition to this Agreement. We are not responsible for error by the Payment Processors. By choosing to use paid Services, you agree to pay us, through the Payment Processors, all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of such paid Services in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize us, through the Payment Processors, to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”). You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment
Billing and Term
5.3 The term of this Agreement shall be monthly, to commence on the date that the Subscriber signs up electronically for the Services by creating an Account with an email address. All invoices are denominated, and Subscriber must pay, in U.S. Dollars. Subscribers are typically billed monthly with payment due no later than ten (10) days past the invoice date. On rare occasions, a Subscriber may be billed an amount up to the Subscriber's current balance in an effort to verify the authenticity of the Subscriber's account information. This process ensures that Subscribers without a payment history are not subjected to additional scrutiny. Subscribers are entirely responsible for the payment of all taxes.
5.4 Some of the paid Services may consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. By choosing a recurring payment plan, you acknowledge that such Services have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT.
5.5 YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY US OR OUR PAYMENT PROCESSORS IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF PAID SERVICES UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR PAID SERVICES AS SET FORTH ABOVE.
5.6 Payments not made within ten (10) days of invoicing will be deemed in arrears. For accounts in arrears, if any amount is more than ten (10) days overdue, without the requirement of providing notice of such arrears, GridHoster may suspend service to such account and bring legal action to collect the full amount due, including any attorneys’ fees and costs.
Suspension for Nonpayment
5.7 If a Subscriber is past due on their balance, GridHoster may send up to three (3) email notifications within a fifteen (15) day period before suspending the Subscriber's account. Servers will be temporarily powered off during the suspension period. GridHoster reserves the right to delete the Subscriber's suspended machines after the final termination notice.
6. Warranty Disclaimer
6.1 We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that we have no duty to take any action regarding:
which Subscribers gain access to the Services; what Content you access via the Services; or how you may interpret or use the Content.
6.2 You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. We make no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, or legality of material or Content contained in or accessed through the Services.
6.3 THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE, AND OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (II) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (III) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (IV) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
7. Limitation of Liability
7.1 IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, NOR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) OF FEES PAID TO US FOR THE PARTICULAR SERVICES DURING THE IMMEDIATELY PREVIOUS ONE MONTH PERIOD, EVEN IF GridHoster HAD BEEN ADVISED OF, KNEW, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. SUBSCRIBER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE FEES PAID BY HIM OR HER REFLECT THE ALLOCATION OF RISK SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT GridHoster WOULD NOT ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS. SUBSCRIBER HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST GridHoster ARISING OUT OF SUBSCRIBER'S PURCHASE OR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY CONDUCT OF GridHoster’S DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES.
8.1 Subscriber shall keep confidential any confidential information to which it is given access, and shall cooperate with GridHoster's efforts to maintain the confidentiality thereof. Subscriber shall not publish to third parties or distribute information or documentation that GridHoster provides for purposes of operating and maintaining its systems, including material contained in estimates, invoices, work orders, or other such materials.
9.1 Subscriber is solely responsible for the preservation of Subscriber's data which Subscriber saves onto its virtual server (the “Data”). Even with respect to Data as to which Subscriber contracts for backup services provided by GridHoster, GridHoster shall have no responsibility to preserve Data. GridHoster shall have no liability for any Data that may be lost, or unrecoverable, by reason of Subscriber’s failure to backup its Data.
10.1 Each Subscriber is permitted to state publicly that such Subscriber is a Subscriber of the Services. Each Subscriber agrees that GridHoster may include such Subscriber’s name and trademarks in a list of GridHoster Subscriber, online or in promotional materials. Each Subscriber also agrees that GridHoster may verbally reference such Subscriber as a Subscriber of the Services. Subscriber may opt out of the provisions in this Section 10.1 by e-mailing a request to contact@GridHoster.com.
11.1 You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, any related companies, licensors and partners, and each of our and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your (or any third party using your Account or identity in the Services) use or misuse of, or access to, the Services, Content, or otherwise from your User Content, violation of these Terms of Service or of any law, or infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
12. Termination and Access
12.1 GridHoster reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, with or without notice, effective immediately, including but not limited to as a result of your violation of any of these Terms of Service or any law, or if you misuse system resources, such as, by employing programs that consume excessive network capacity, CPU cycles, or disk IO. Any such termination may result in the forfeiture and destruction of information associated with your Account. GridHoster may provide prior notice of the intent to terminate Services to you if such notice will not, in GridHoster's discretion, run counter to the intents and purposes of these Terms of Service. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable and any fees owed to GridHoster before such termination shall be immediately due and payable, including any liabilities that may have been incurred prior to termination such as GridHoster’s costs for collection (including attorneys’ fees) of any such charges or other liabilities. Upon termination, any and all rights granted to Subscriber by this Agreement will immediately be terminated, and Subscriber shall promptly discontinue all use of the Services. If you wish to terminate your Account, you may do so by following the instructions on the Website or through the Services. All provisions of these Terms of Service which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, licenses of User Content, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
13. Choice of Law, Venue, Consent to Email Service and Waiver of Hague Convention Service Formalities
13.1 Any claim arising hereunder shall be construed in accordance with the substantive and procedural laws of the United States, without regard to principles of conflict of laws. You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms of Service shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and Federal courts of United States Subscriber consents to service of process via email at the email address(es) provided by Subscriber, and waives any requirement under the Hague Convention or other judicial treaty requiring that legal process be translated into any language other than English.
14. Dispute Resolution
14.1 Mindful of the high cost of litigation, you and GridHoster agree to the following dispute resolution procedure: in the event of any controversy, claim, action or dispute arising out of or related to: (i) the Website; (ii) this Agreement; (iii) the Services; (iv) the breach, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of this Agreement; or (v) any other dispute between you and GridHoster (“Dispute”), the party asserting the Dispute shall first try in good faith to settle such Dispute by providing written notice to the other party (by first class or registered mail) describing the facts and circumstances (including any relevant documentation) of the Dispute and allowing the receiving party 30 days in which to respond to or settle the Dispute. Both you and GridHoster agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied prior to initiating any arbitration or filing any claim against the other party.
15. Mandatory Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver
15.1 Both you and GridHoster agree that any dispute or claim, including without limitation, statutory, contract or tort claims, relating to or arising out of this Agreement or the alleged breach of this Agreement, shall, upon timely written request of either party, be submitted to binding arbitration. The party asserting the claim may elect to have the arbitration be in-person, telephonic or decided based only on written submissions. The arbitration shall be conducted in the city in which the Subscriber is billed. The arbitration shall proceed in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association (”AAA”) in effect at the time the claim or dispute arose. The arbitration shall be conducted by one arbitrator from AAA or a comparable arbitration service who is selected pursuant to the applicable rules of the AAA. The arbitrator shall issue a reasoned award with findings of fact and conclusions of law, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Either you or GridHoster may bring an action in any court of competent jurisdiction to compel arbitration under this Agreement, or to enforce or vacate an arbitration award. GridHoster will pay the fee for the arbitrator and your filing fee, to the extent that it is more than a court filing fee. GridHoster agrees that it will not seek reimbursement of its fees and expenses if the arbitrator rules in its favor. You and GridHoster waive any right to a trial by jury, so that disputes will be resolved through arbitration. No claim subject to this provision may be brought as a class or collective action, nor may you assert such a claim as a member of a class or collective action that is brought by another claimant. Furthermore, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor an arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration hereunder without the prior written consent of both parties.
16. Miscellaneous Provisions
16.1 Neither you nor GridHoster shall be liable for nonperformance of the terms herein to the extent that either you or GridHoster are prevented from performing as a result of any act or event which occurs and is beyond your or GridHoster’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, war, unrest or riot, strikes, any action of a governmental entity, weather, quarantine, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, utility or telecommunications outages, Internet disturbance, or any unforeseen change in circumstances, or any other causes beyond either party’s reasonable control. The party experiencing the force majeure shall provide the other party with prompt written notice thereof and shall use reasonable efforts to remedy effects of such force majeure.
16.2 This Agreement, including all related agreements and policies incorporated by reference herein, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties related to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreement between the parties relating to the Services. A valid waiver hereunder shall not be interpreted to be a waiver of that obligation in the future or any other obligation under this Agreement. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms of Service to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives. If any provision of this Agreement is prohibited by law or held to be unenforceable, that provision will be severed and the remaining provisions hereof shall not be affected such that this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect as if such unenforceable provision had never constituted a part hereof. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute the same instrument. This Agreement may be signed electronically. These Terms of Service are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms of Service and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. The section and paragraph headings in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms of Service, all notices under these Terms of Service will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service. Electronic notices should be sent to admin@GridHoster.com.
Contact. You may contact us at the following address: email@example.com